Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SHINee Key Interview Elle Girl Korea June 2011


This is our second meeting after (the pictorial for) the March issue of Elle Girl. He greeted me saying, “People liked the pictorial.”  Key’s fashion sense is as outstanding as last time. The eye-grabbing  unique pink piercings on his ears are his own. He says he found it after  ransacking a store.

Another thing that surprised me was his Japanese skills! Only one  month since he started full-scale study, he was talking with the staff  proficiently in Japanese. I got envious of his talents ranging from  dancing, rapping, fashion and art to Japanese skills.

“I’ve watched lots of Japanese dramas for a long while.”

He says he cried a lot watching ‘One Liter of Tears.’ He is known to fans for being a fan of Ghibli Studio’s animation.

With lots of interests, likings, and talents, Key’s daily tasks these  days are ‘practicing, studying Japanese, exercising, and painting.’  Recently, he had an exhibition of his paintings with his uncle who is an  architect (I overheard him saying he participated in it under his real  name without calling any press to do it quietly). According to Taemin’s  testimony, he paints while dancing to music and choosing matching  clothes. He is such a multiplayer. Has he ever been anxious and nervous?

“I was anxious and nervous about everything in my trainee days. Debuting was also stressful in many ways.”

But he then gave an answer which can be defined as ‘Key-like.’

“I’m so happy and good now. I think I’m what I am now because of  what I went through, I needed the period. So whatever happens, I try to  enjoy it.”

Key acquired this ‘coolness’ from his hot passion and precious  wisdom. Last winter, SHINee had their solo concert held in the National  Yoyogi Stadium successfully.

“I wondered if it wasn’t too much when it was announced we’d have  a concert in Japan. Because we didn’t make any amazing sale records  with our license albums and didn’t make an official debut. I was  surprised when so many fans turned up. I cried. At the ending both  times.”

I asked what he wants to achieve in his 20s as he is already doing so much. Another clear and ‘Key-like’ answer:

“What if I don’t make it after I set my mind to something? Then I  become a failure. I think I’ll achieve something if I work hard. If I  have fun and live happily, I think there’s nothing more I have to do.”

- Trans by jujugal

 source: jujugal.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave your comment here...